This award is specifically for not-for-profit organizations and/or charities that have demonstrated exceptional business practices that strengthen their ability to be more efficient, effective, and/or resilient.
Focusing on not-for-profit businesses that have applied learnings from the for-profit world to strategically enhance business functions such as financial management, marketing/communications, human resources, and organization design.
Highlighting the increasing challenges not-for-profits are experiencing and how sound business practices go hand in hand with responsive service delivery. The business systems must have been implemented within the two years.
Criteria – This award will be evaluated through a business lens, not from a service standpoint. Business strategies and systems to address items that include, but are not limited to:
- Diversifying revenue models
- Implementing more effective cost controls/finding efficiencies
- Developed a new marketing strategy/organizational communication plan
- Successfully deployed strategies to be more viable and sustainable
- Became more resilient and/or enhanced business continuity plans.